Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hardcover vs Paperback 137



Saba has spent her whole life in Silverlake, a dried-up wasteland ravaged by constant sandstorms. The Wrecker civilization has long been destroyed, leaving only landfills for Saba and her family to scavenge from. That's fine by her, as long as her beloved twin brother Lugh is around. But when four cloaked horsemen capture Lugh, Saba's world is shattered, and she embarks on a quest to get him back. 

Suddenly thrown into the lawless, ugly reality of the outside world, Saba discovers she is a fierce fighter, an unbeatable survivor, and a cunning opponent. Teamed up with a handsome daredevil named Jack and a gang of girl revolutionaries called the Free Hawks, Saba’s unrelenting search for Lugh stages a showdown that will change the course of her own civilization. 
 Blood Red Road has a searing pace, a poetic writing style, and an epic love story—making Moira Young is one of the most exciting new voices in teen fiction.

Neither of these covers would make me run and pick up this book but they both have some nice things going for them. I love the simplicity of the monochromatic image on the hardcover and the composition of the photo on the hardcover. 

Thanks to StoryLoverX who suggested this H vs P!
Have you spotted a Hardcover vs. Paperback you would like to contribute? Send me an email!

4 comments:

  1. I hate when they change the title of a book! It confuses me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can barely tell that the title of the book is Blood Red Road in the paperback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated that they did the title so confusing on the paper back. When I first saw it, I was confused and thought maybe the sequel was out. I like the hardcover cover better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know they changed the title. I don't care for that. I think I like the hardcover better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...