Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Weekly Dose of Crafts!

This quickly turned into the week of simple cowls! But before that...

I finished my last Christmas present and got them all wrapped and under the tree! Here is a scarf for my Grandpa seconds before I wrapped it!


Now it's time for cowls. I had seen several people making tube scarfs and I really wanted to try it but it ended up being much too large of a tube because of the needles I had, so it quickly became a cowl. I just sort of winged this one.


Yarn used: 
Bernat Roving Cobalt

I also finished my mystery KAL which turned out to be a shawl! Does anyone have any idea for blocking acrylic? I tried it once by steaming it with my iron and letting it sit pinned overnight and nothing happened. I think I need something that steams better.

Here is my sister modeling it in her robe lol!


I finished 3 more ornaments, I want to do a few more so I can have them as little gifts on the tree! As you can see a few have already been claimed by family members!


Finishing up the mystery kal freed up a needle size I needed to complete this cowl pattern. I am in love with this yarn, it's Lion Brand's Amazing!


Yarn used:
Lion Brand Amazing 2 balls Aurora

Being my first holiday season really doing yarn crafts I've only made presents for my family but being all done with those I realized I could make a friend a birthday gift! I am using this cowl pattern. I love the seed stitch, it's so pretty! 


Yarn used:
Wool Ease Thick and Quick 1 skein of Cilantro

Here is a junky picture of another Knit Picks order I got in the mail on Monday! Anyone check out the website today? There are new kits, yarn and all books are 40% off... I might have another order in my cart! 


For more crafty goodness be sure to stop over at WIP Wednesday! And find me on Raverly as mint910.

9 comments:

  1. Look at all those COWLS! Wow! Everything looks so good and the seed stitch looks fun! What's the white with black writing blanket thing you used as a background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can put my name on that unclaimed ornament! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tami- That is another one of my blankets lol! I have tons of blankets!

    bermudaonion- LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also obsessed with Amazing! We must not be alone, because it's always sold out at my local craft store :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mystery KAL shawl turned out great! Love the colors. I made a lace blanket out of acrylic and had to wet block it to get the lace to open up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll say it again, you are a machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:12 PM

    Your projects look great! I love the colors on that shawl. Its so pretty. =)

    I LOVE knitting cowls. They are the easiest stash-buster projects. I've made about 5 so far, with no plans to stop. =) I've played around with fair-isle designs, lace, cables. Its really a great way to expand your knitting stitch skills.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel incredibly lucky I got one of those ornaments!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah- I'm so glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...