Sunday, May 09, 2010

Naughty Bits 2 by Various

Amazon.com:

Naughty Bits 2, the highly anticipated sequel to the successful debut volume from the editors of SPICE BRIEFS, delivers nine unapologetically raunchy and romantic tales that promise to spark the libido.

In this collection of first-rate short erotic literature, lusty selections by such provocative authors as Megan Hart, Lillian Feisty, Saskia Walker and Portia Da Costa will pique, tease and satisfy any appetite, and prove that good things do come in small packages.

Since I'm new to the romance genre and all it's subgenres I thought what better way to explore the naughtier part of the genre than with an anthology. While the actual naughty bits are perfectly naughty the storylines for at least the first half of the book fall flat.

While the settings and time periods earn points for variety (British Manors in the present time, ancient Egypt, caves in the jungle in present day) when you get down to the actual stories some of them were a bit laughable in the sense that I felt like the only reason things happened in the stories was to get to the naughty bits. And maybe that's the way it's supposed to be, but I would have preferred more to the stories.

But when you get to the second half of the anthology I felt like all the pieces finally started to come together and I started to enjoy the stories more so, specifically This Is What I Want and Improper Pleasure. So I would say if you are going to give this anthology a whirl maybe start in the back of the book or skip around.

Overall a mixed bag that introduces me to the genre and some authors to explore further. Also, I would definitely not recommend this for younger readers. If you don't think you should be reading this book, please don't.

Naughty Bits 2 was released on March 1st 2010
Genre: Erotica/Anthology
3/5 Stars
Review copy provided by Amazon Vine

2 comments:

  1. you naughty little vixen you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I'm not sure it's for me, I think I'll skip this one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...