Saturday, February 13, 2010

This Week In Books Or Finally the Mail Decides to Come Again


So because of snow we didn't get mail for three days, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. I finally figured it out Monday and shoveled out the mailbox only for the plow to go by and block it again for Tuesday. *sigh* The mail finally came Wednesday bundled with a note that said something like "Could not deliver, mailbox blocked". I don't remember this happening before, maybe someone else usually was shoveling out the mailbox in my family!

Tuesday:


The MacGregors Alan~Grant by Nora Roberts
Under Her Skin by Susan Mallery

Lip Service Susan Mallery

Just Breathe Susan Wiggs

Cross My Heart by Carly Phillips

84, Charing Cross Road by Helen Hanff

Of course I found time to stop at the library!

Wednesday:

Stitch-It Kit by Jenny Hart

Stopped at a craft store and they just so happened to have the now out of print Stitch-It Kit, i had to get a copy before they were gone! Used kits are going for $50 on amazon right now and I paid $23 for a brand new one!

4 Sublime Stitching pattern sheets, also from Jenny Hart

Some of these are from the artist series! I stuck in the picture the one I've decided to start stitching!

The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott

Borrowed this as part of a ARC tour!

Thursday:

The House of Tomorrow by Peter Bognanni

For review.

Friday:

All issues of CROQ zine (forgot to picture)


Saturday:

Loves Me, Loves Me Knot by Heidi Betts
Full of It by Wendy French

The Devil Who Tamed Her by Johanna Lindsey

Can't Stand the Heat by Louisa Edwards

The Secret of Joy by Melissa Senate

Amigurumi! by Elizabeth A. Doherty


Happened to be near the Barnes and Noble with the used section so I had to stop in, got all of those used! Thought I would take the Amigurumi one to my upcoming Crochet class to see if they could help me!

20 comments:

  1. I got House of Tomorrow too! I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, there's a new Melissa Senate book available? Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:12 AM

    Hi!! It's the first time I comment in your blog (i'm spanish nd a bit scared xD). Woah! these books are amazing, i'd like to read them :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when the snow stops the mail from coming! But look at all the crazy good books you got, and that stitch it kit looks so so cute. I;m going to look for feltie books and stitching ones in my bookshop, see if we have different ones here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. KhrisTinna- Don't be scared! Thanks for commenting :D

    LovesSam- Thanks for the email you are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great week in books! I want to read 84, Charing Cross Road!

    I don't thin I've ever missed mail because of snow, but we have missed it because of a hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry about that. Our mailman used to leave those notes all the time since garbage cans or cars would be blocking our mailbox. Once I flipped out on him that if he could put the notice in my mailbox, he could put the mail in there too I haven't had a problem. Stuff like cars that aren't yours and snow left by plows (ie stuff that isn't your fault) shouldn't prevent you from getting important things like bills and books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have all my packages delivered to me at work so I don't have to worry about shoveling out around my mailbox (or losing packages that don't fit in the box). You got some great books this week. But how do you find time to both stitch and read? You can't do both at the same time, can you? Happy reading and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look really good! Congrats on getting yourself shoveled out. Our driveway is still a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy Martin- Let's just say I have a huge TBR pile! I do stitch and watch dvds though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... you have some excellent reads!!=)

    Enjoy!
    http://chas-n-kai.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great week -- love that stitching kit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bunch of great books! Glad you finally got them all (darn snow!).

    Hope you enjoy reading each of them :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great books!! I have The Secret of Joy too. Haven't read it yet. Sometimes (Ok, way too often) I buy books and then they just sit, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah- Haha me too! Sometimes I feel like I'm preparing for the day print is dead!

    ReplyDelete
  16. At least you still got all the books! Happy reading. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You will love the Helen Haff book.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gasp! The Unwritten Rule! I'm so excited for that one. ;) Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice haul you have this week, Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did real well this week, didn't you? Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...