Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday 48

Connected: The Surprising Power of Social Networks and How They Shape Our Lives by Nicholas A. Christakis MD, PHD and James H. Fowler. PHD

Amazon.com:

Your colleague's husband's sister can make you fat, even if you don't know her. A happy neighbor has more impact on your happiness than a happy spouse. These startling revelations of how much we truly influence one another are revealed in the studies of Drs. Christakis and Fowler, which have repeatedly made front-page news nationwide.

In CONNECTED, the authors explain why emotions are contagious, how health behaviors spread, why the rich get richer, even how we find and choose our partners. Intriguing and entertaining, CONNECTED overturns the notion of the individual and provides a revolutionary paradigm-that social networks influence our ideas, emotions, health, relationships, behavior, politics, and much more. It will change the way we think about every aspect of our lives.

Released September 29th 2009

If this goes the way of Malcom Gladwell's books AT ALL, I think I could dig it. It sounds rather interesting to me that's for sure! If the examples are interesting and engaging I'll totally be into it!

What can't you wait for to be released?

"Waiting On" Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

4 comments:

  1. I'm actually just waiting for a proof copy of this one - it sounds pretty interesting to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually read these books but the writing seems very nice and wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover for this one... very interesting.

    Here is my WoW post:
    http://thehidingspot.blogspot.com/2009/09/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh, never though of it like that before. Not really something I would read voluntarily but I look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...