Thursday, November 27, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Thankful

Today is Thanksgiving here in the U.S.

Now, you may have noticed that the global economy isn’t exactly doing well. There’s war. Starvation. All sorts of bad, scary things going on.

So–just for today–how about sharing 7 things that you’re thankful for?

This can be about books, sure–authors you appreciate, books you love, an ode to your public library–but also, how about other things, too? Because in times like these, with bills piling up and disaster seemingly lurking around every corner, it’s more important than ever to stop and take stock of the things we’re grateful for. Family. Friends. Good health (I hope). Coffee and tea. Turkey. Sunshine. Wagging tails. Curling up with a good book.

So, how about it? Spread a little positive thinking and tell the world what there is to be thankful for.

1. Having a job I enjoy, often times I cannot believe the end of the day is almost here.
2. Family and friends that put up with me. 
3. Everyone here for talking books with me.
4. The ability to wake up earlier than I have in 7 years and not hate it everyday.
5. A cold glass of water.
6. A great book or movie.
7. Tapirs, they are just so darn cute!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What are you thankful for?

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:31 PM

    It's awesome that you love your job! I know so many people who hate theirs now that we've all just graduated college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Spare time
    2. Snow
    3. Sitting down and watching a good movie
    4. Hot soup
    5. Little lapdogs that curl up and sleep at your side
    6. Comfy T-shirts
    7. Friendly people

    Happy Thanksgiving (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:41 PM

    I hope you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:25 PM

    Thankful for my life and my world. :) and all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:25 PM

    Before I knew what BTT was for today, I did a post on books I'm thankful I found this year:

    http://booksandmovies.today.com/2008/11/27/some-of-the-books-im-thankful-i-found-this-year/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:32 PM

    Oops - I wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way the skies are different every single morning. Every day new.

    (I love Dahl. Love him. Thank you for reminding me.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

    Meghan- I know! It's hard to balance, you need to make money but you also want to find something you like. I really hit the jackpot with mine!

    Emily- I love your list!

    bermudaonion- Thank you, you too!

    Veens- Hope you are doing well Veens! *hugs*

    Carrie K.-Oooh I will be over to read that! Happy Thanksgiving!

    Beth- I love watching the sky :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...