Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday Thingers!

Bop over to the Boston Bibliophile to join in! And thanks again to Marie for the ARC of Garden Spells!

Today's topic: Recommendations. Do you use LT's recommendations feature? Have you found any good books by using it? Do you use the anti-recommendations, or the "special sauce" recommendations? How do you find out about books you want to read?

This is a feature I look at briefly every now and then and every time I scroll past it I think to myself "I need to spend more time exploring that feature". I do agree with what some people have said about how it always lists other books in a series you have some of, that's sort of a given, we know about those already.

How do I find out about books I want to read? Everywhere! Mostly blogs these days. I used to look at the Amazon 100 Best Sellers a lot but not so much anymore with all the wonderful blogs out there! I do like the Amazon recommendations feature though.

Where do you get book recommendations?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:36 PM

    I can't view the Amazon recommendations. My whole family is on there. I do search the newly released though, but most all my recommendations are from bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. J. Kaye- I've bought things for my family in the past and go back in and mark it so it doesn't influence my recommendations. I started getting all these cookbook ones after I got one for my dad! I love the recommendations so much!

    I really love reading reviews from bloggers too, especially a bunch for the same book from different people to get a broad overview!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...