Monday, July 11, 2005

Vera Drake/ I heart Huckabees

Since class isn't until 5, haha now 8 I had some time for some movies.

Vera Drake-I woke up early and started with Vera Drake before 9am. A bit strange and early I know. The movie keep me awake, now I'm tired of course because of it. It was a lovely story. Vera is a kindly British woman that helps people in all sorts of ways. One day in between calling everyone "Dear" she is taken in by the police for one of her acts of kindness. The rest I can't tell you. Do I have you interested???? Good movie.

I heart Huckabees- second time viewing, I watched it a few months ago when I was half asleep. That time around I wasn't really sure but now I know I like it. It's hilarious and fits perfectly with my other movies I love (Wes Anderson). I think you, the readers might enjoy this movie with its existential comedy and detectives. It's better with subtitles you can catch everything!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, will have to check out Vera Drake. Tonight is a midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:31 PM

    I love Alea!
    Cool site!
    love, Emily

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...