Sunday, July 10, 2005

This Weekend in Movies (July 8-10)

I Shot Andy Warhol- Got an inside look at the "Factory" and the lady that shot Andy Warhol. I hear there is another Factory movie in the works. If you like 60s-70s culture and Andy Warhol watch it. It's based on a true story.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas- The beginning was hilarious but it just got sort of repetitive and annoying. I loved all the cameos and Johnny Depp was pretty funny. I was disappointed because I heard it was great.

High Fidelity- decided to watch it again, saw it a few years ago and didn't really like it. I liked it more this time. I guess I "got" it better. I like Nick Hornby's "About A Boy" as well.

Bad Education- I've seen two of Gael Garcia Bernal's other movies. They are always what I like to call "different", except for the Motorcycle Diaries. It was like a Spanish Hitchcock, even the music. I suggest this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory- trying to not get too excited by the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory I tried to distract myself with this movie. I had forgotten a few of the details so it was nice to watch. If you haven't seen this don't talk to me until you do.

Charlotte Gray- better than most war movies. Takes place during WWII a women sets out to find her lost love and joins the war effort.

The Manchurian Candidate (the remake)- pretty good. I enjoy movies like this, I can't say like what or I might ruin it for you. The ending was a little confusing but besides that good!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:16 PM

    Hi Alea,
    Whats up? I love you!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...